Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Buying my Study Guide

As soon I as decided to take the GMAT and start my journey to business school, I knew that it would be necessary to buy a book to study with. After a few weeks of procrastination I made a trip to Barnes & Noble to buy a book. I decided not to just find a study guide online and buy the cheapest one, so that I could actually look at the books and see what book would be most beneficial to me. 

Once I walked into Barnes & Noble and found the shelf of study aides I was instantly overwhelmed. There was the “Official Guide to GMAT Review 2015” which was written by the makers of the GMAT exam. This made me hesitant to buy the exam because you can’t be sure that you’re learning all of the tips and tricks to help you out smart the test.  I contemplated it though because the makers of the test did write the book so they do know exactly what is on the exam. Decisions, decisions.

The next book I picked up was “Cracking the GMAT premium edition 2015” this book was created by the Princeton Review. After flipping through the pages, I instantly knew this was the right book for me. It went through explaining the entire test and even explained exactly what my computer screen will look like during the exam. As a person who has high anxiety, knowing what to expect was a huge benefit to me. This book also included tips and tricks for knowing how to go through the process of elimination. It helped you know what answers not to pick because the test is designed so that you if you pick the answer that looks right, you’re wrong. The final item that made me ultimately decide to buy the book was the six practice tests that came along with it. The practice exams are online and when you open it, it looks exactly the same as the computer screen will look on test day. There are also a ton of tutorial videos and online help available on the Princeton Review’s website. 



No comments:

Post a Comment