Monday, November 2, 2015

What is the GMAT and why I'm taking it


GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test.  The GMAT is the test of choice for most business schools. Some schools will take other test scores such as the GRE or the LSAT, but taking the GMAT is the a person's best bet because every business school will accept their GMAT score.

According the MBA.com, the official website of the GMAT,
"Quality graduate business programs rely on the GMAT to make admissions decisions, so if you’re serious about business school, then the GMAT is your best first step." 
Here's a little background info on how I determined that it was necessary for me to take the GMAT. I spent the summer before my senior year of college as the Marketing and Public Relations intern at  Penn Highlands Clearfield, a hospital in my hometown. As a mass communication student, I didn't have much experience in the realm of marketing. After attending several marketing meetings that included people from the several branches of Penn Highlands, I realized that I enjoyed the marketing part of my internship as much as I loved the PR aspect.

The more time I spent at my internship, the more I knew that I wanted to be able to do PR and marketing throughout my career. That was when I decided that my best option was to attend graduate school after I graduate from Bloomsburg in May 2016. Pursuing an MBA is something that I've became passionate about because I want to continue learning and gaining experiences before I enter the job world.   


No comments:

Post a Comment